Hall availability update - [latest news will appear here...]
Changes made to the SA Government's COVID-19 Emergency Management Direction came into effect on 12Aug21; these changes have increased the number of people able to be inside the hall for most activities. All hall hirers are required to sign a (click here) Liability form (updated 28Jul21) to accept responsibility for conforming to our (click here) 12th August 2021 COVID-Safe Plan. All hirers must familiarise themselves with the State government Emergency Declarations at (click here) https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/emergency-declarations/public-activities.
Current restrictions affecting the hiring of the hall include:
- maximum number of people in the old hall is 93 and 102 in the new hall at the rate of 3 persons per 4 square metres for seated activities. The kitchen/servery area is restricted to a maximum of 46 people for staff, depending on the amount of "publicly accessible space".
- if the rooms are used for standing activity or mixed standing/seated, the limit is reduced to 1 person per 2 square metres (62 in the old hall and 68 in the new hall)
- for fitness activites the limit is 1 person per 4 square metres (31 in the old hall and 34 in the new hall)
- maximum of 50 people for weddings and funerals
- Physical distancing restrictions mean people need to stay at least 1.5m from other people.
- masks must be worn in indoor public spaces (some exceptions apply)
- singing only by performers
- All hall function attendees with a smart-phone/tablet must scan the QR code on entry to the hall or, if they do not have a smart phone, must complete the written record at the door.
Further requirements are listed in the Emergency Management Direction and our COVID-Safe Plan.
A Covid Marshall is required where prescribed public activities are conducted. Hall users conducting any of the prescribed operations must appoint a suitably qualified Covid Marshall to oversee the event in accordance with the Direction. Hirers must provide a copy of the Covid Marshal's training certificate to the Hall Manager before the event/function begins.
Legal Statement: The advice provided on this website is of an interpretive, general nature only. The One Tree Hill Progress Association will not be held liable for the actions of Hall Hirers who do not abide by the legal requirements set by the SA Government for public or private activities. The onus is on the Hall Hirer to read and interpret the SA Government Emergency Management Directions as they change.
The Institute Hall is regularly hired for private functions such as Weddings, for both the ceremony and the reception, whether it be inside or outside in the lovely gardens. Other popular choices for the hire of the One Tree Hill Institute are Engagements, Special Birthdays including Children’s Parties, Reunions, Group Meetings and Funeral Wakes. Children’s Birthdays are very popular, especially since the spacious, sheltered, well-maintained playground is well equipped. It is also fully enclosed, which ensures that children don’t wander off. There is also plenty of room inside for games and of course for food and your planned entertainment. The Institute gardens are well maintained and are ideal for group photos for Weddings, Birthdays or any other special occasion.
The two main halls are used on the 1st Saturday of each month for the Country Market. The Institute has been beautifully maintained over the years; the main halls feature lovely timber floors, wrought iron candelabras (in the main hall) and seating for approximately 200 people. Tables and chairs are available for functions. The fully equipped kitchen is very spacious with a commercial oven, microwave, two pie warmers, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and plenty of bench space for food preparation.
The main hall boasts it’s own very well equipped bar area with servery, a double and a triple glass door fridge and it’s own washing up facilities. There is a fully equipped Audio Visual system (with PA), which is compatible with computers and MP3 players. A microphone is available upon request. Modern internal rest rooms are available along with a disability toilet and baby change room facilities. Off street parking is available at the side and rear of the Hall.
The Institute is also available for hire for business, community and work events, such as seminars, meeting, trade shows, etc. The One Tree Hill Institute offers competitive rates, please ring or email to view the Institute. You are invited to arrange an inspection of the Institute to see if it will be suitable for your special occasion. We can help make your next private function a great success.
Click here to view the hall booking calendar. Please note, the Hall is generally not available Sundays due to a regular, ongoing booking. For all enquiries about hiring the One Tree Hill Institute Hall please complete the form on this page and the Hall Manager will respond. Alternatively, you can contact her on 0459 105 045 or email@example.com
All hall hirers will be required to sign a (click here) Institute Hire Booking Agreement. The signing of the Agreement acknowledges the Institute Hire Terms and Conditions on the back of the Agreement. Hall hirers will be given a (click here) Hall Users Checklist to help them manage the hall opening and closing requirements. It is strongly encouraged that hall hirers print a copy and familiarise themselves with the requirements before the start of their function. We do not provide an Out-of-Hours contact and extra fees will apply if things are not switched off, left dirty or not properly secured.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I lose the money I have paid if I need to cancel because of Covid-19? Contact the hall manager. We are refunding all payments if the reason for cancellation is Covid-19.
- Are tables and chairs available? Yes, we have seating and tables for up to 200 people.
- Will I have to pay a bond? Yes, a fully refundable security deposit is required to ensure any damages are paid for.
- Can I bring my own food and drinks or caterer? Yes, no problem. You can use the kitchen facilities, but must leave them as you find them.
- Can I have a look before I book? By all means; simply fill out the form below or call the hall manager.
- Do you have any photos? Please click here to see pictures of the facilities or click here to see sample layouts.